Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Man returns library book - after 46 years!!

A Derby man has taken advantage of a library amnesty - to return a book he borrowed in 1963.

David Hall borrowed the book, Engineering Workshop Practice, for his father from Derby Central Library, reports the BBC.

He could have faced a fine of £2,500 for returning the book 46 years late had it not been for the amnesty.

Mr Hall was 10 when he took the book out.

He said: "I found the book when I was clearing my dad's loft after he died 20 years ago.

"I noticed it was the same one I borrowed all those years ago and I thought 'perhaps that should go back to the library'. Then I noticed the amnesty and thought, what a great opportunity."

The amnesty, organised by Derby City Libraries, lasts until Wednesday and anyone who has an overdue book on loan can hand it in at any library without being penalised.
.
.

No comments: