Wednesday, October 8, 2008

102 Year Old Gran Join's Facebook!!

A British great granny has become the oldest person on Facebook.

102-year-old Ivy Bean decided it was time to get herself some online action when she heard about the site through staff at the care home where she lives.

Her carers helped Ivy set-up a profile and the former mill worker, from West Yorkshire, now uses it to keep in touch with friends and family.

Ivy told the Sun: "I heard about Facebook and wanted to know what it was about. I love being online and it beats writing with a pen."

"More and more people are on Facebook now. But at 102 I have a lot to put on about myself," she said.

"I've only got nine friends on the net at the moment but I'm hoping for lots more. I'm going to put some of my photos on my page."

Ivy lives at Hillside Manor in Bradford. Boss Pat Wright said: "Ivy loves going on Facebook. We're trying to keep all our residents independent by letting them use the computer."

The great gran also plans to try out a Nintendo Wii.

No comments: