Monday, November 24, 2008

I have finally taken a holiday!!

So, I think I was the only person not to have a holiday this year so decided that I would head off to Liverpool for the week! Was up nice and early to get ready for my flight this morning, left the house in loads of time, only to be stuck on the M1 for just 20mins due to the on going roadworks!

Made it to the security gate thinking that I wasn't gonna make it but reckoned I would chance it anyway.... And of course, I managed to miss my flight by literally minutes! Feckin road works!!!!

So, just after having brekkie and am currently hanging around the airport like a bit of a stray for the next flight, which has cost me €232..... And that is ONE WAY! Ouch!!!!! And to make it even worse, I just checked online and discovered that I could have flown in the morning for only €100!

And then to top it all off, I missed my flight coming back. Well, its not that I missed it, but they had decided to close check in earlier than was printed on my ticket, which meant that I couldn't check my bag in and it was too large to take on as hand luggage!! I'm such a nightmare when travelling!!
An expensive lesson for me to learn but it will teach me to leave my house that little bit earlier in future!!

No comments: